Student Grievances Redressal Committee of BCACS For AY 2019-20
The College has a Student Grievance Redressal Committee. The functions of the Committee are to look into the complaints lodged by any students regarding academics, disputes, infrastructure, library, administration, etc. The Student Grievance Redressal Committee is also empowered to look into matters of harassment to the students of the college.
Anyone with a genuine grievance may approach the Student Grievance Redressal Committee members in person. In case the person is unwilling to appear in self, grievances must be sent in writing and put that note in the Suggestion box on first floor .The committee redresses the grievances by sorting out the problems promptly and judiciously.
A Student Grievance Redressal Committee has been constituted for the redressal of the problems reported by the Students of the College with the following objectives :
- To create a platform where students can point out their problems, regarding academic and non-academic matters.
- Encouraging the Students to express their grievances / problems freely and frankly, without any fear of being victimized.
- Suggestion / complaint Box have been installed in front of the Principal’s office in which the Students, who want to remain anonymous, put in writing their grievances and their suggestions for improving the Academics / Administration in the College.
- Get suggestions from the students for improvement.
- Take necessary steps for improvement in the light of grievances.
The Committee deals with Grievances received in writing from the students about any of the following matters :
- Academic Matters, Financial Matters, Other Matters related to certain misgivings about conditions of sanitation, Canteen facilities ,Women Related Issues, etc.
- The Committee formally meets to review all cases, prepares a report about the number of cases received, attended to and the number of pending cases, if any, which require direction and guidance from the higher authorities. The college assures students that once a complaint is made, it will be treated confidentiality.
- The setting of the Grievance Redressal Committee for students is widely published.
- The students may feel free to put up a grievance in writing and drop it in suggestion box placed on first floor. or submit it in writing to the Principal or Prof. Incharge, or communicate it orally .
- The GRC will act upon those cases which have been forwarded along with the necessary documents.
- Once the issue is resolved by the GRC,same is communicated to concerned person.
- All the proceeding of the Grievance mechanism will be suitably documented and recorded.
|S. No.||Name of the member||Designation|
|2||Prof. Agnes Paul||Vice principal|
|3||Dr. Nilesh Patil||Associate Professor|
|4||Dr. Jayshree Nambiar||Assistant Professor|
|5.||Ms. Shabnam Shaikh||Faculty|