B.B.A. (University of Pune)
Savitribai Phule Pune University
With a vision “to turn out of its portals competent human resource excelling both in academics and in values”, Balaji College of Arts, Commerce and Science believes in imparting value bases education and excelling career of students. Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) programme aims :
- To prepare students to exploit opportunities being newly created in the corporates.
- To apply knowledge of management theories and practices to solve business problems.
- To make student employable in different areas of corporates.
- To enable the students to develop ethical and value-based leadership abilities.
- To develop appropriate skills in the students so as to make them competent and provide themselves self-employment.
- To make students capable of participating in constructive discussions and debates.
- Student will learn fundamental management theories and applications of it in the practical world.
- Students are also motivated to go for summer internship to gain practical insight from the industry which makes their specialized papers understanding more meaningful.
- They will also learn effective communication and presentation skills.
- Student will learn creativity and innovative thinking which leads to a unique solution for complex problems.
- Student will excel in debates, group discussions, aptitudes in various exams.
Program Specific Objectives
- To provide students with a sound theoretical base and exposure to current business challenges.
- To acquaint them with basic mercantile laws and statutory business procedures.
- The program is focused to create expertise in Finance, Marketing and Human Resource Management which helps them to contribute in their respective domains.
- To make them capable of handling all kinds of financial risks.
- To make the students learn marketing, entrepreneurship and human relations skills.
Program Specific Outcome
- An inclination towards lifelong learning and acquiring contemporary knowledge.
- Students are introduced to different 36 subjects of varied value related to commerce and business field. This helps them to decide their field of specialisation and interest for postgraduate studies.
- The students will be ready for employment in functional areas like Finance, Marketing and Human Resource Management.
- Student will develop the ability to work in teams with enhanced communication and interpersonal skills.
- This program will help them to understand business and managerial skills which enables them to start their own venture.
Eligibility for Admission
Candidates seeking admission to this programme must have passed 10+2 (or its equivalent) examination from a recognized Board with at least 70% from any stream with English as one of the subjects. Diploma holders in Pharmacy/any diploma of three years (after SSC) are also eligible.
- Human Resource Management
BCACS has Academic Collaboration Pratibha College of Commerce and Computer Studies, Chinchwad, Pune since November 2017
BCACS has Academic Collaboration SNDT Arts and Commerce College for Women, Karve Road, Pune since November 2017
BCACS has Academic Collaboration with Indian Institute of Management Science, Chinchwad, Pune since September 2016
Core and Elective Subjects
First Year (B.B.A.)
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Business Organisation & System.||Principles of Managements.|
|Business Communication Skills.||Principles of Marketing.|
|Business Accounting.||Principles of Finance.|
|Business Economics (Micro).||Basics of Cost Accounting.|
|Business Mathematics.||Business Statistics.|
|Business Demography & Environmental Studies.||Business Informatics.|
Second Year (B.B.A.)
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Personality Development.||Production & Operations Management.|
|Business Laws.||Industrial Relations & Labour laws.|
|Human Resource Management & Organisation Behaviors.||Business Taxation.|
|Management Accounting.||International Business.|
|Business Economic (Macro).||Management Information System.|
|I.T. in Management.||Business Exposure (Field Visits).|
Third Year (B.B.A.)
|Compulsory Group||Optional Group : As mentioned in second year.|
|Supply & Chain logistics.||Business Planning & Project Management.|
|Entrepreneurship Development.||Event Management.|
|Business Ethics.||Management Control System.|
|Research Methodology (Tools & Analysis)||E- Commerce|
|Specialisation – I||Specialisation – III|
|Specialisation – II||Specialisation – IV|
BBA Syllabus - Pattern 2013
Note : For more details please refer Pune University website : www.unipune.ac.in
List of core faculty members for B.B.A.
Dr. Nilesh Patil
- Qualification : B.E. (Mech. Engg.), M.M.S. (Marketing Management), UGC-NET for Lectureship in Management, PhD (Marketing Management)
- Experience : 15 Years 03 months
- Expert Area : Marketing Management, Consumer Behaviour, Digital Marketing, Production & Operations Management
- Email id : firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. Neha Shrivastav
- Qualification : MH-SET, MBA (Finance and HR), B.E. (EXTC)
- Experience : 5.3 years
- Expert Area : Finance
- Email id : email@example.com
Prof. Sai Vijetha
Assistant Professor (Management)
- Qualification : B.Tech., M.B.A., NET
- Experience : 1 year in Teaching, 2 years Industrial
- Expert Area : Management
- Email id : firstname.lastname@example.org
MS. Kirti P. Nikam
Assistant Professor in Information Technology
- Qualification : B.SC, MCM
- Experience : 3 years- Industrial, 4 years - teaching
- Expert Area : Information Technology
- Email id : email@example.com
Anil Gangadhar Aralikar
- Qualification : M. A. (Economics); NET
- Experience : 5 years
- Expert Area : Macroeconomics
- Email id : firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Physical Education
Prof. Arun Wankhade (Physical Education)
Director – Physical Education
- Qualification : B.A., B.P.ED, M.A (Psychology), M.P.ED
- Experience : 22 years
- Expert Area : Physical Education